Let’s get one thing straight: I hate the term “bucket list”; I also hate the term “kick the bucket”. Kick the can…now that’s a fun time. Kick it, Beastie Boys’ style…nothing compares to it. But a bucket? Buckets are small. As quickly as they evoke magical images of building sandcastles, they also remind me of being unbalanced; I can’t help but see someone dropping and/or spilling a bucket of water. However, until I think of a clever alternative to the term, bucket list will have to suffice.
That being said, please note that any bucket of mine comes with Time Lord technology…it’s bigger on the inside. The possibilities are as endless as my imagination. And I can do whatever I want. Or at least, hope to. So, in no particular order, here goes nothing…and everything:
1. (the obvious) Be there to see my first grandchild graduate college. This automatically denotes that I will live long enough to see my own child through some of the greatest milestones of her life.
2. Spend a day (at least one full day) at the elephant sanctuary in TN.
3. Visit 5 more zoos that I’ve never been to before.
4. Play the role of Sally in the stage version of When Harry Met Sally…
5. Wiggle my toes in the Pacific Ocean
6. Put my hands in Marilyn Monroe’s hand prints in L.A.
7. Go to Graceland
8. Travel for at least 2 full weeks by RV
9. Go to London
10. Learn to speak Russian
11. Learn to speak French
12. Learn to play the guitar (the right way)
13. Complete and publish my first novel
14. Get my weeping angel tattoo on my left arm [checked off 10/12]
14. Go to Vegas…with Robin
15. Go on one of those storm chaser tours
16. Stand on a street corner and sing until everyone around me stops and sings, too
17. Go to Hawaii
18. Have another Gray’s Papaya hot dog
19. Dinner with Ryan Gosling
20. Pay it forward
21. Learn to use fondant
22. Watch Rylie’s face the first time she witnesses puppies being born
23. Go to a spa; or at least get my first ever massage [checked off 4/13]
24. Create or build something with my own hands and without any help
25. Feel pretty enough [checked off on 4/13/12]
26. Be in a zombie movie
27. Learn to dance
28. Go to more concerts
29. Grow a vegetable garden
30. Be worth it